Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email

Subject: Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email
From: hls_ut -at- comcast -dot- net
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:48:32 +0000

As a woman, who is also blonde and considered attractive
(by my husband at least), and who never been out of the
US except for Canada and Austria, I think the OP's question
was a bit blunt and rather OT. And if were Indian, I
think I'd be a tad offended.

I also think that Michele overreacted. I have been
assaulted several times in various circumstances,
all when I was young and naive about the world.
Kudos to the OP for having the nerve to ask this
question, and willingess to take care of herself.

And you are right, men and women think differently.
The safety precautions I take every day,
everywhere I am, would never occur to most men.

Regardless of the position or her qualifications, she
needs to know the answer to her question to decide
if she's comfortable with the assignment. She needs to
know about any cultural issues and safety issues. Maybe
she shouldn't have asked this list, but heck, it's not like
she asked us to rate her attractiveness!

---------------hls_ut -at- comcast -dot- net

From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>