Re: How bad an idea is this?

Subject: Re: How bad an idea is this?
From: Scott Bulloch <scott -dot- bulloch -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Tech Writer <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:04:06 -0800

Amanda,

A colleague of mine is from the Kerala province in India, so I asked
her about your question.
She tells me that Kerala is very safe, and that it is also a very
beautiful part of India.

As long as you follow the safety recommendations that many travel
guidebooks suggest (no going out by yourself after dark, for example),
you should be perfectly fine.

About the only thing you might find problematic is the rickshaw/taxi
drivers. Given that you're obviously a foreigner, they may raise
their prices. This sort of stuff is also covered in travel guidebooks.
Bargain them down and lock in your fare BEFORE you get into the
rickshaw/taxi.

As long as you keep your head about you and practice safe behavior
(just as you would here in the U.S. in any big city), you should enjoy
yourself and your visit to Kerala.

Hope this helps,
Scott