Re: How bad an idea is this?

Subject: Re: How bad an idea is this?
From: Mitchell Maltenfort <mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Tech Writer <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:52:50 -0500

On 2/7/06, Amanda Abelove <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> A consulting company wants to send me to India to teach tech writing... it
> is in Kerala, India. I'm tall, young, blonde, and cute... Can I reasonably
> expect to make it home?
>
> Amanda

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1139.html has a nice
long paragraph which boils down to :

1) always know where you're going.
2) don't go there late at night
3) don't travel alone

combine paranoia with planning and traveling companions and you should
lower your chance of being abducted to your chance of being hit by a
car when you cross the street.

Also consider: If this "consulting company" is a big outfit, then
they probably already have security procedures. If it's a small
outfit, you can't expect as much support.

--
I can answer any question.
"I don't know" is an answer.