Marketing CD

Subject: Marketing CD
From: "Nelson, Julie " <JOHNST -at- acehardware -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:18:38 -0600

> We're looking into developing a marketing CD for our retail computer
> system. The target audience will be store owners that aren't
> computerized or don't currently have our corporate-approved retail
> computer system. We're in the process of exploring our marketing
> pieces to determine what topics should be included in the CD. One of
> the first things we're considering are our application fact sheets
> (includes a brief overview of the application/features/benefits/etc.).
> We also have a PowerPoint presentation promoting the benefits of the
> computer system.

Now we need to figure out the layout, what to include/what not to
include, what to develop it in (most likely Captivate), how to explain
what our computer system is/how it integrates with the corporate
system/warehouse/etc. Basically, it should be very user-friendly, not
complex, promote the WOWs of our system, etc. We assisted with
developing a similar CD many years ago for a previous computer system,
but we outsourced the actual work on the project. This time around,
we're planning on doing everything
(research/development/editing/production/distribution/maintenance).

Has anyone developed a marketing CD for their company/client? If so,
how did you go about developing it, how did you plan the layout, what
application(s) did you create it in, how did you determine what to
include/what to leave out. Also, do you know of any web sites that
might be helpful to look at when planning the layout of our marketing
CD. I know we would be comparing web to CD, but depending on the
response of the CD, we might be interested in posting the content on our
web site.

Thank you.

Julie Nelson