Re: Fonts and spell-checkers

Subject: Re: Fonts and spell-checkers
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:30:08 -0500

Jeezez. I guess l shouldn't be surprised. lt's only one of several words like that on Google.

Dan Goldstein wrote:

I was spell-checking a document, and the word that got caught in Word's
craw was "Installation". Word insisted on replacing that word with
itself. I was tempted to add this perfectly normal word to the
dictionary, but it just seemed so strange... until I realized that I was
actually looking at a lower-case "El," which Word wanted to replace with
a capital "Eye."

Google shows 14,700 instances of that word with a hidden, lower-case
"El."

Yes, it's Friday.