RE: Hourly vs. Salaried

Subject: RE: Hourly vs. Salaried
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>, "Parcell, Michelle" <Michelle_Parcell -at- G1 -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:43:06 -0800

Technical writers at Oracle Corp. have been shifted from salaried to
hourly.

I think that this was done, as others have suggested, to avoid legal
complications. Someone from Oracle may choose to reply.

My thought is that how you're paid is not as important as how you're
treated. If this change does not immediately affect your ability to do
your job and be satisfied doing it, then I suggest you wait to see what
happens. I always counsel a political approach; make plans and take
action that produces results.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.