Re: complete documentation

Subject: Re: complete documentation
From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:22:41 +0800

Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com> said:
> ... that means I need to ask the customers what *they* mean - what's
> missing, in *their* minds? What do they need that they're not getting?
> Why are *they* characterizing the documentation as incomplete?

To put it another way, imagine your product is a 1000-piece jigsaw and some
customers are saying it's not complete. Does this mean they really want a
1500-piece jigsaw? Or that all the pieces are there but the picture isn't
quite the same as the picture on the box? Or are a few of the pieces
missing?

In my TW experience it's usually the missing pieces, but management usually
assumes the customer wants a bigger jigsaw.

Stuart