Re: Do Burned CDs Have a Short Life Span?

Subject: Re: Do Burned CDs Have a Short Life Span?
From: "H. Christopher Christner" <cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:08:23 -0500

See, you're thinking too short term. Seven hundred years ago, as they were
illuminating manuscripts for minimum wage, no doubt the monks were thinking
"What's the point, who'll ever read this stuff?" None would have dreamed
that someday their work would be digitized for the world to read. (Certainly
if one *had* imagined it and told anybody, they'd have burned him at the
stake.)

So who knows? Maybe in the far flung future, during some Great Technical
Writer Shortage, a Korean scientist will use your CDs, videos, pics, and
cloned DNA to restore your memories.

Or they may have a serious shortage of coasters.

--Chris