Re: Examples of good tech writing?

Subject: Re: Examples of good tech writing?
From: Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: R D <jaguarjam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:59:04 -0500

On 1/10/06, R D <jaguarjam -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Do you have a particular book, website, or instruction
> manual that you think really captures excellent
> technical writing?

Don't know if they're in print any more - but just about any of the
Reader's Digest "How To" guides on home repair are, to me, model
examples of excellent instructional writing (not to mention technical
illustration) on fairly complex subject matter for a general audience.

In terms of technical writing for a technical audience, I'm a fan of
the O'Reilly and Associates "Nutshell" series, and many of their other
books as well. Learned my way around Unix systems on those back in
the day; I still occasionally pick up a new O'Reilly title (just read
their newish book on SharePoint) and find that the quality standards
don't seem to have slipped.

- bc

--
Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
http://campbell-online.com