Re: Large document? Who reads 555 pages? honestly!

Subject: Re: Large document? Who reads 555 pages? honestly!
From: Peter Sturgeon <prsturgeon -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:57:51 -0500 (EST)

Don't mistake me--I've worked on documents that were several hundred
pages--we used Framemaker.

Had a client that want every user to know everything about every
command and error message in every subsytem in a complex product.

DID manage to reduce 600 pages to 540 by some formatting improvements.

Lost the war to split it into two or more manuals, but always ask
regardless.

Peter Sturgeon

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/prsturgeon%40yahoo.com