Re: FrameMaker conditional text question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker conditional text question
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:00:00 -0500

Thanks for the suggestions...I've been suggested three different
equally-good ways of doing it.

Actually, after I posted the question, I tried one thing with the
files that I was testing with...I deleted the link between the
intermediate-a.fm and source.fm file and between intermediate-b.fm and
source.fm after importing content from the source.fm file. Then, I
deleted a condition tag from each of the intermediate files. That
gives me a version that I can import into the composite.fm file. This
technique leaves me with the same structure that the guide currently
has (if I was to change the order or structure of the existing
content, as was suggested, it would cause all sorts of issues with
revision tracking), which means I don't have to justify the "change"
to anyone, as it is simply an internally different way to do it...no
change to the output. And if anyone freaks about doing the imported
text thing, all I have to do is delete source.fm and the two
intermediate.fm files, and I'm back where I started from. :-)

Thanks again for the ideas!

-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com