RE: Friday Poll Idea (WAS: In love with a word)

Subject: RE: Friday Poll Idea (WAS: In love with a word)
From: Sankara R <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:28:37 -0800 (PST)

not long ago we were turning our faces away
from...

- interface
- grow (transitive, non agricultural)
- impact (verb)

+++

We once went to a beach. There were
not-so-literate fisherfolk.
They wanted their pictures taken: we said what is
the use, we are going back in the evening. They
said make prints and send us c/o the post office.
Kind of cute.

One of the guys then took a picture and saw them
off.
Another said, Look you are not going to the
bother of mailing...

Guy took the picture said, nah, I just flashed
the camera once - is all. Nasty? I dunno. The
fisher folk went back happy having 'imprinted
their image on the town folk'.

===
any technology is magic if it is advance
sufficiently from where you are right now.

It makes perfect sense to you, but it is all Geek
and Latin to me. One man's technology is
another's magic.

Thanks and regards,
Sankara S Rajanala
Citec Information
+358 50 428 0702
Tina: I am an experienced technical writer.
You are an intern and a rodent, respectively.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com