Re: Information Driven Design

Subject: Re: Information Driven Design
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:57:48 -0800 (PST)

This is where the info needed drives data to be
collected and processes to be performed. This means
doing logical data modeling before doing logical
functional modeling (and before doing physical data
modeling). We talked about such an approach on the
requirements engineering listserv. Consensus: Wont
work, functional modeling has to always proceed data
modeling because data modeling does not prod you
through a rigorous analysis - only functional modeling
does.

Impact on documentation planning? Are you TWs going
to be doing the info designing or will you be using
the info design from another group as an input?

Tony Markos

--- John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com> wrote:

> I've been looking into information-driven design as
> my group is
> embarking on a new project and would like to
> incorporate some of the
> features into our documentation planning. If any of
> you have experience
> you are willing to share, or links to sites that you
> consider good
> sources, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> John Garison