Re: Scoping a DocumentationProject??

Subject: Re: Scoping a DocumentationProject??
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:51:45 -0500

Tony, I'm sorry, but I thought you asked a question... "Any ideas as
how to scope out a documentation project?"

If you weren't interested in entertaining others' answers, why did you
ask it? What are you looking from out of this community? Frankly, I've
become tired of this conversation. It seems you do not want to
entertain anyone's input unless it is in line with your own thoughts,
and you seem convinced that you are correct and all other thoughts are
not valid. If you took half the time to hear others out as you spend
on your vague and yet condescending remarks, perhaps you'd not only
learn something but you'd also begin to build rapport with your peers
as well.

I am quite familiar with context diagrams, as well as with DFDs. I am
also well versed in other means of scoping, planning, and analysis.
The beauty of project planning is that there is no one correct way to
go about it, rather tactics and tools need to vary based on
situations. I fear you've found your hammer and everything is starting
to look like a nail. It's a bad trap to fall into. Please, for your
own professional development, consider the advice of the many of us
who have suggested to read up on alternative techniques, and please
consider changing your approach to engaging this and other
professional communities in "debate".

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736