Re: RoboHelp Baby

Subject: Re: RoboHelp Baby
From: David Loveless <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:37:21 -0700

How interesting. I seem to have the opposite problem. Since it is the
end of the year, our purchaser is being rather loose with his purse
strings. I have a coworker who scored big time. He decided that he
wanted to learn Flash and convinced the purchaser to not only fund a
six-week training course but also to buy the complete Adobe CS2 suite;
fund a course in InDesign, Photoshop, and HTML; and upgrade his
computer screen from 17 inches to panaromic 24 inches. Is any of these
needed? Well, no. He'll never use these skills in his job, but "I have
to spend the budget or we lose it for next year!"

Does that seem just as incorrect to anyone else? It seems to me that
the purchaser should provide necessary equipment quickly, but not blow
the wad at the end of the year because they'll lose budget. Oh well.
What do I know? I'm only a tech writer.

Dave

p.s. I have ALWAYS had to buy my own supplies because such useful
things as pens and pencils were deemed unnecessary. To give you the
exact quote: "What do you need to write on paper for? That's why you
have a computer." Good thing tomorrow is my last day.