Re: How can I copy Word templates between computers?

Subject: Re: How can I copy Word templates between computers?
From: Bruce_Giddens -at- toyota -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:34:15 -0800

Thanks Geoff!

Bruce Giddens
Technical Writer and Help Author
Toyota Financial Services
Business Technology Solutions
(310) 468-7139 ofc
(949) 842-8649 cell
bruce_giddens -at- toyota -dot- com

Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+bruce_giddens=toyota -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
12/22/2005 07:23 AM
Please respond to TECHWR-L

To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
cc:
Subject: Re: How can I copy Word templates between
computers?

On Thursday, December 22, 2005, Ken Munro wrote;

> On Windows XP Pro, I had to save it in the Application
> Data\Microsoft\Templates directory under the user directory, such as:
> C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates

> where you replace %USERNAME% with your Windows username.

> The Application Data folder was hidden on my system, so you may need
> to change your folder settings to show hidden files, or explicitly
> type out the folder name in the Windows Explorer Address bar.
---

To find out where to save the templates:

1. Start Word
2. On the Tools menu, choose Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, click the File Locations tab.
4. Note the value for User Templates.

If necessary, select the User Templates entry and click Modify to open
the File Location dialog box. Dropping down the Look In combo box
should reveal the full path to your user templates folder.

HTH,

--
Geoff

proprietary editor! *August release.
http://www.componentone.com/TECHWRL/DocToHelp2005

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as Bruce_Giddens -at- toyota -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/bruce_giddens%40toyota.com