RE: Document Review Techniques

Subject: RE: Document Review Techniques
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:26:50 -0500

With all due respect, Peggy, if that's the tech writer's primary
expertise at the review meeting, I ain't hiring. Here's a brief overview
of the skills I would expect to find in any good tech writer, all of
which could come into play at an editorial review:

* The tech writer should quickly grasp new technologies -- more
quickly than the industry's average user.
* The tech writer should gather information from a variety of
human and machine sources, many of which are initially uncooperative.
* The tech writer should discern the information that's
essential to the user in a given situation.
* The tech writer should organize the essential information in a
variety of written and graphic presentations.
* Last but certainly not least, the tech writer should have the
skills you describe above.

But that's just me. Others might choose to add to this list...

-- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.