re Two Contracts?

Subject: re Two Contracts?
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:08:59 -0600

Using two separate, signed contracts for one business deal sounds off to me
too. I second what Gene said. Use one contract for one business deal, always
and forever.
Remember, every single clause in a contract can and should be negotiated.
Before the contract is signed. After a contract is signed is when you may
well need a lawyer, if there's trouble.
As to whether a company's insisting on using two contracts for a single
thing is common practice: I doubt it.

Jim Jones http://www.tinyurl.com/4arjc