RE: The Truth or Dare Poll (for the record, now that everyone has had their fun...)

Subject: RE: The Truth or Dare Poll (for the record, now that everyone has had their fun...)
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Stuart Burnfield" <sburnf -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:33:38 -0800

Dear Stuart,

Unfortunately, among the Yanks I am probably the only person who
understands what an 8-ball over *is*.

I used a slide rule well into college, and I had a Spirograph. I also
had a wooden tennis racket with a press, and had candy cigarettes. For
whatever reason, they were never called "fags" in the US, though again I
understand the etymology of the term. It has nothing to do with
homosexuality, but here's a hint: in music notation, the bassoon section
is called "fagoti".

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.