Re: New Poll Question

Subject: Re: New Poll Question
From: Mike McCallister <workingwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:28:05 -0600

Wild guess, but slightly younger than Dick. Too young for Sputnik, but
burned-in memories of Lee Oswald (I was in kindergarten!). Also in
college when "Star Wars" came out, but I've only seen it twice. Worked
on my first computer at the campus paper when they tossed all the
typewriters and bought a room full of Tandy 6000s (?) running WordStar
2000. Once, they sent me out with a laptop (TRS-80) with a modem to
cover a story and send it back over the phone--never did get it to
work!

After graduation, I got my own PC--I'm blanking out on the brand, but
it doesn't exist anymore--286 processor, WordPerfect 4.2, dot-matrix
printer, and 2400 bps modem.

Didn't become a full-time tech writer (well, officially) till 2000, so
(while Senior is still part of my title) I'm not feeling exactly
grizzled, but I'm no Young Turk anymore either. Oh, and all that stuff
above adds up to 47-and-a-half.