Re: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly

Subject: Re: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly
From: Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:47:50 -0800

But good formatting won't prevent that shift... That's a writing issue. It's
just bad writing, not bad formatting.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com

Quoting Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>:

Char:

If for example, the standard formatting calls for
right-size numbered steps (written in the active
voice), if I have "holes" in my understanding of the
subject matter, I can try and hide such by switching
to unnumbered (read: often non sequential), large
paragraphs written in puffed up, vague,
non-active-voice language.

Rationale: If they can't establish the flow of it
and/or get specific with it, then maybe they will not
be able t see the holes in it. Happened all the time
at the DOD agency which I contracted at. (Often times
such text was prefixed with a statement like "The
procedure to do X is simple.")

Tony Markos

--- Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

I figure I'm missing something, because I don't see
how reformatting
something will hide the holes in the content.