RE: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly

Subject: RE: Formatting Docs On-The-Fly
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Tony Markos" <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:07:30 -0800

I'm not sure what you mean by "style". The style standards that
structured FrameMaker helps enforce are those of formatting and
organization. I can't think of a situation in which modifying these
would help mask a lack of understanding. My experience with structured
FM was that it helped writers immensely. They no longer had to agonize
over style issues, and no longer had to search for style screwups they
had made.

Keep in mind, though, that I used structured FM at Oracle, which has a
corporate technical writing style. Oracle also publishes its books
online in HTML and PDF. Structured FM makes HTML publishing particularly
easy and error-free. Some writers worried a bit about conversion and
learning, but everyone I knew applauded the result.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.