re: How to link to named target in PDF

Subject: re: How to link to named target in PDF
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: jcornellier -at- abingdon -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:54:08 +0200

John,

You wrote:

> We have documents about Product Z that are produced from Frame to PDF.
> We want to create other documents for Product Q in XML, render them into
> PDF, and have links in this PDF that refer and open the Product Z
> documentation at a given place (not just page 1).

Adding to Joel Amoussou's thorough reply:

If the named destinations are to be created at the FrameMaker stage (so that they are carried over to the PDF file every time the source is updated), there is another issue you have to be aware of. FrameMaker adds a variable prefix to the PDF name destination it defines. See more on this at http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF.html#12
[ 24 Easy Ways to Improve Your PDFs with TimeSavers/Assistants > Specify reliable PDF destinations ]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars