RE: Structuring Documentation

Subject: RE: Structuring Documentation
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:09:14 -0000

It seems to me that this whole thread is arising from the fact that
different people are applying different definitions to the term "Structured
writing".

I think we all have a lesson to take from this - to make sure we have a
common understanding of key definitions, and if it appears that there might
be some misunderstanding, ask the person who first used the term to state
their intended meaning.

As we are technical writers, I had hoped that this kind of problem would not
arise on this list, of all places!

Regards
Jonathan West