Re: Structuring Documentation

Subject: Re: Structuring Documentation
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:06:13 -0800 (PST)

Dick:

I had previously asked if strutured WRITING existed
(outside of formatting considerations - a relatively
minor thing). I specifically asked what were the
concrete, specific steps involved in structured
writing. I got none from listerv members - only a
couple of comments that it is basically a mysterious,
illdefinable black art. Addtionally, my research
revealed nothing more than loosey-goosey sound bites
as to what structured writing is - no concrete,
specific steps.

(In all candor, I thought the above was highly unusual
as I was, prior to this inquiry, told that the major
skill set of a Technical Writer is skill in structured
writing.)

I did read (I think on the Infomapping web site) that
Charles Horn says that, in the main, structured
writing is all about analysis (which to someone highly
skilled in structured analysis is confusing).

http://mail.yahoo.com