Re: Hiring Question

Subject: Re: Hiring Question
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, David Loveless <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Excellent point! I would use behavioral based
interviewing to find out where the writer stands on
this critical issue. I would ask "How would you
verify your product understanding with an SME?" If
the writer say he/she would ask the SME to review the
document he/she created - wrong answer! Requests for
SME review of documentation is most often only going
to get some minor (typically single-word) changes.
Correct answer: Tech Writer would use a diagram
technique specifically designed for effective
multi-cycle reviews of product essentials.

Tony Markos

http://mail.yahoo.com