RE: Rule of thumb for doc time based on development time?

Subject: RE: Rule of thumb for doc time based on development time?
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:47:15 -0000

John Posoda wrote:

++
it's probably an
inverse number. By that, I mean that if development spends ALOT of
time on creating a truly inteligent feature with lots of analysis, it
will probably take a short period of time to document it. OTOH, if
they just slap it together, it is going to take MUCH longer to
document it because you have to deal with something that is not
intuitive and needs lots of qualifications.
++

This corresponds with my experience too. Well designed
and put together software is easier to document than
poorly thought out software. Guess which takes less
time to develop?

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.
www.lightworkdesign.com