RE: what are you working on today

Subject: RE: what are you working on today
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:30:25 -0800

Creating the quarterly writing forecast for about 20
of our products now that I'm managing them

Answering fire drills for minutia about past projects

Writing XML based help for a current product

Figuring out how to find resources to write content
for 4 drop-in projects that I have no one available
to work on but are all due by the end of the year
for customers that are going to purchase the products

Developing a matrix of details of IO slots on various
servers

Cleaning out my over sized mailbox, warning from IT

Installing yet another document control tool

Determining which writing projects need editing
when and how much effort and schedule is needed

Training a new writer on our internal writing,
release, and publication processes

Filling in for writer out on family leave to write
content for Release Notes and Installation Guide

Hauling daughter to and from school and friends and...

Hoping the weather will stay clear to play tennis
at lunchtime

Anticipating a weird weekend of my birthday party
on Saturday and a memorial gathering for an uncle
on Sunday

CB

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.