Re: Replacement for Outlook

Subject: Re: Replacement for Outlook
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'List,Techwriter'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:52:05 -0800

Check with the co's Notes administrator to see if you can run a
lotus script agent in your Notes accout. An agent can forward your emails to an outside address (your replies would then be sent from your own address, but you could cc your Notes email address on everything to maintain a record of email threads in
Notes). However, many companies that use Notes do not allow users to run agents as a matter of policy.

But if you also need to access the calendering and tasks functions
of Notes, I think your only recourse short of installing the app on
your system is through a remote login to a system that can run it.
A lot of companies maintain such a system for their people in the
field to use, so you might want to check and see if your co has
one.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

While these posts have been coming in, I did a little more
investigation with my departmental ap support mgr. Turns out there is
more to it than I previously understood.

My company is actualy a Notes shop. However, since my department
hates Notes, our machines are setup with Outlook through a Notes
connector that allows us to use Outlook on top of Notes. Therefore,
to access Outlook remote, I'd not only have to use Outlook, but I'd
have to install Notes, and that aint gonna happen on a privately
owned machine.

So...thanks for the assistance, but I'm back to square 1.