Re: Educational Backgrounds

Subject: Re: Educational Backgrounds
From: Karen <ekarenski-techwrl -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:37:31 -0800 (PST)

I recently dug up some of my old writing from college
to look for some samples for a position. I actually
found a paper that I had done during high school and
handed in during college. I know, plagiarism, but I
wanted to see how my high school writing compared to
my college writing skills. I received an A and the
comments "Once again, one of the best papers in the
class."

After reading through dozens of research papers and
other forms of academic writing, I realized that there
was not much change in my writing over the years. I
started having the feeling "What did I get out of my
education?" Then, I realized that I've always had that
gift/knack/talent and getting the degree was one of
those necessary steps to have those two letters after
your name to land that first job.

Karen

> Some people have a gift/knack/talent for writing, so
> degrees don't necessarily help the person learn to
> write gooder. (Ha!) However, I could see where
> courses
> could really help with structure, layout, how to
> edit,
> tools, localization considerations, and so on.
> Perhaps

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com