RE: GUI elements - how do you format them in your docs?

Subject: RE: GUI elements - how do you format them in your docs?
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 06:20:26 -0800

If your users are at all computer literate, they have used Microsoft
documentation. The MS style is to bold GUI elements. Why introduce another
style to them? Use the MS style.

The very little usability testing I've done that includes this shows users
do better with bold. They can see what to click/select easily in scanning
the text.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting