Re: Educational Backgrounds

Subject: Re: Educational Backgrounds
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:05:29 -0500

BA Journalism with Computer Science minor from the University of Alaska Fairbanks (class of '86). I had 15 years of electronics (hardware and software) including seven years as a TW before I moved to Alaska. I spent the next 14 years as a business reporter, book author, magazine publisher, video producer and marketing manager before returning to "America" in 2003. Lot warmer down here......

UAF Journalism school was ranked #6 in the country when I attended and had tremendous print and broadcast programs.

(On another note....UAF Nanooks split a series with the University of Michigan Wolverines in hockey...not bad for a school located 150 miles from the arctic circle with only 6,000 full-time students.)

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com