Un-underlined?

Subject: Un-underlined?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:57:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I got a brainfreeze where I cannot come up with a
satisfactory one-line description of something.

Background: At a point in the application, the user needs to select
one or more subscribers to an email alerts function. In other words,
one or more people can be selected to receive alert emails. The
subscribers are selected from a list.

Here's my situation...and please, nobody tell me that the application
should be redesigned with checkboxes...it goes out tomorrow.

Every elegible subscriber is on a list, and each of them is
underlined by default, looks like a hyperlink. When you select a
subscriber, a message is displayed confirming that it's been added,
and when you click OK on the message, the underline goes away.

My question...what is the visual characteristic of it now.. Ununderlined?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."