RE: Exporting Outlook folders

Subject: RE: Exporting Outlook folders
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:00:46 -0500

Simon Kravis suggested the following workaround on Google's
microsoft.public.outlook list (http://tinyurl.com/db3mw):

"A clunky way is to export to Excel, then add a column for Received
Date, select all messages in the mail folder (ordered by date), copy to
clipboard and paste into Excel. The Received Date will then be present
as a column whose rows match up with the exported data. However, the
date format as pasted (e.g. Fri 29/1/2004 1:00 PM) is not interpreted by
Excel as a date. To make it interpreted as a date, remove the 1st 4
characters with the Excel Mid() function and use the excel Value
function to convert to Excel date format i.e. Value(Mid(A1,4,30)). Once
the column is converted to date format it can be copied into the
Received Date column of the exported data, or pasted into a new Access
field if the mail data has been exported there."

Good workaround. Thanks, Simon, wherever you are!

-- Dan

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com