Re: Best graphics format to import into Power Point

Subject: Re: Best graphics format to import into Power Point
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:19:30 -0500

Elizabeth O'Shea wrote:

Can the Power Point experts out there recommend the best graphics format for
images we import into Power Point.

Images should be jpegs. But let's be clear. I'm using the word image to refer to photos and other continuous tone pictures, as distinct from drawings/diagrams/charts made up of lines and solid-color areas. For these, the answer varies depending on the tool used to create them. But EMF or WMF seems to work best in PowerPoint, with GIF and PNG a weak second choice.

Ideally, we'd like sales reps to be able
to scale the images if possible. You can also tell me if letting them scale
images themselves is a bad idea.

BAD IDEA. NEVER let sales reps do ANYTHING to a PowerPoint presentation. However, if you insist, at least make sure that you have "Lock aspect ration" checked so they can't easily distort the picture.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com