Inserting Flash into PowerPoint

Subject: Inserting Flash into PowerPoint
From: "Pytlak, Michael" <PytlakMJ -at- cdm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:41:00 -0400

Hello all --

I was hoping someone out there has experience inserting Flash into
PowerPoint.

Here's the problem:

I am able to insert the .swf using PowerPoint's Control Toolbox. When I
run the show, everything works fine. However, once I save and reopen the
presentation, the Flash object no longer appears. It is still present in
that if I mouse over the area and right-click, a list of Flash options
appears.

When I open the properties window, the Play option has defaulted to
False, which I assume is the problem.

Can anyone offer any help as to why the Play option defaults to False or
another reason why the objects no longer appear?

Not sure if this matters, but I used Captivate to generate the Flash
objects.

Thank you in advance,
Michael

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com