Re: The Bible in Tech Comm

Subject: Re: The Bible in Tech Comm
From: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:10:17 -0500

Eric wrote:

"Woah, nelly! Ruling out one book does not rule out entire written
languages. Ruling out the Bible doesn't rule out all written English
for crying out loud. Compare apples to apples please."

When I threw in the bit about Sanskrit, hieroglyphics, and yes cave
paintings it was because these forms of communications were also
spread out over a long long time and everything about them changed to
some degree over time. It was an over-the-top response to the poster
opining on the consistency of the Bible. I was not trying to rule out
anything. I may have not been comparing apples to apples, but I think
it was apples to pomegranates - which are a cousin of apples. = P

"But you can't hold up a work as a good example, then try to excuses
the shortcomings. Or you have to admit, like a Beta VCR manual, while
it may have been good for its time, it is long past best."

Not trying to make excuses for anything or anyone here. Was just
trying to point out that there are numerous things in life from books
to TV to whatever that are a far cry from a millennium or two ago, not
to mention just 25 or 50 years.

--
Kelly
"You're nobody until you get Grrr'd."