Re: Internal Documentation Web site

Subject: Re: Internal Documentation Web site
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:31:58 -0800

We have two internal sites set up for documentation.

One is a mirror of the publically available doc
website. It allows us to post docs prior to being
published on the public web. This allows support
personnel access to the latest material, and for
other internal folks to gain access as well.

We also have a separate website for our docs that
is organized by product. Once you find the products
of interest we have separate sections for Drafts,
Deliverables, Product Planning, and Source Files.

It's consistently organized, so once they find one,
they can deduce where docs for other products are
located.

Localizers know where to find source files.
Managers know here to find documentation plans.
Reviewers know where to find drafts.

We provide meaningful document descriptions so
anyone can tell what the document is, when it was
posted, what kind of document, etc.

CB

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.