Re: Frame --> InDesign

Subject: Re: Frame --> InDesign
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:15:32 -0500

Rose,

I am not familiar with the latest iterations of InDesign (my copy is
2.03, IIRC).

You would have to move to some intermediate format, with conversion
problems at one or more stages.

If your documents are structured, it may be relatively straightforward
to import the XML into InDesign--although I haven't tried it, I
understand XML capability is one of Adobe's moving targets with each
new release.

That said, I, too, would be interested to find out what sort of
"database publishing" might be superior in InDesign--if any.

If you intend to do cataloges, for instance, that draw information
from a database--that sort of thing is done commonly in Frame, often
with the help of FrameScript.

David

On 10/6/05, Wilcox, Rose <rwilcox -at- ssqi -dot- com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I do hate to ask this question. I have been researching it but would
> also like first hand accounts, reactions, comments, or whatever info you
> might have on this type of move.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com