Re: is "technologies" a word?

Subject: Re: is "technologies" a word?
From: Alessandro Ansa <alessandro -dot- ansa -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:01:04 +0100

> Buzzwords are silly by definition, but any attempt to combat them is
> even sillier. You can't stop them, and they die off quickly on their
> own. They should be avoided if you care about precision or freshness in
> your language, but any greater reaction to them is more than they're
> worth.

I still think someone's got to say something when useful words like
technology, solution, architecture losing their meaning as marketeers
randomly insert them in their blurbs simply to create a general
impression of sophistication. As you said, the buzzword dies quickly,
but do we really want words like technology to become buzzwords?

take it easy,
Alessandro

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com