RE: RoboHelp Condition build expressions will not die

Subject: RE: RoboHelp Condition build expressions will not die
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:07:21 -0400

Kevin asked...

> So, in my continuing saga, let's say one of my RoboHelp condition tags
is
> "LunaPCI_only". I've used Windows "search" to find that, in a handful
of
> files. The only productive ones were three of the .ssl files (as
suggested
> by Rick Stone).
>
> [clip]
>
> Is there another util that I should use, or maybe a setting that I can
> change in Windows, that might be keeping "Search" from finding some
files?

I believe you mentioned you are using Windows XP. If not, please ignore
this post entirely.

I don't know what you've tried already, but here's the only additional
things I can think of (if you've tried them already then I don't have
anything else to offer).

1. When you activate the Search button in Windows Explorer, are you
typing the "offending" expression term(s) in the "A word or phrase in
the file:" text box? If not, perhaps this will help to find the files
containing what you seek.

2. Click the "More advanced options" expansion arrows and double-check
the settings there. Depending on what options are selected can restrict
or include the search to case sensitive matches, system and/or hidden
folders, subfolders, and files of certain types.

3. Click the "When was it modified?" and "What size is it?" expansion
arrows to be sure there's not some date or size filter that might be
ignoring files that might contain the entries you're seeking.

4. I don't use RoboHelp myself, but is it possible the program is
sticking additional files into some application system folder and not in
the folder where your main help files are stored? I seem to remember
certain applications sometimes put auxiliary files in strange places you
wouldn't expect them to be stored.

Like I said I don't know if any of this helps. Good luck in any case.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com