RE: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 VS WORD 2003

Subject: RE: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 VS WORD 2003
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:34:05 -0400

No you are right -- normal.dot is the "global" template and is attached to
everything. But in using Word in large corporate environments back all the
way to Winword 1.0, and sharing documents with literally thousands of Word
users, I have not had the problems that you all are describing with
Normal.dot. What gives?

Perhaps it's because I've never customized or allowed normal.dot to be
customized, styles should be added to the custom templates attached to your
document (and every document should have a custom template even if it's only
a letter or a memo).

Actually, if I change my normal.dot as a test, and re-open any of my
documents, I see no changes. Even when I have "Automatically update document
styles" selected. This only seems to work when the attached custom template
is changed.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

MS Help MVP
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help MVP and Certified Trainer
WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
201-714-9525