RE: "a SQL sever" vs "an SQL server"

Subject: RE: "a SQL sever" vs "an SQL server"
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:02:47 -0400

FWIW, our policy regarding a/an and initialisms is to go by the SOUND of
the first letter. In this case, since it's pronounced "Ess," we'd use
"an."
Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
This email message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared
by NetIQ MailMarshal

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com