Re: Troubleshooting Guide Template

Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Guide Template
From: "Chris Christner" <cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:05:12 -0600

Hi OS,

I'm not sure what you're looking for. In general, a troubleshooting
document is a combination of the following:

- list of the equipment needed
- fault analysis section
- self-test diagnostics section
- troubleshooting flowcharts

Here's a link to an installation manual I wrote years ago. The
troubleshooting section was well-received by the users.

http://www.toptechwriter.us/pdf/techdoc/install/TTWsample09.pdf

Hope this helps,
Chris
TopTechWriter.US
http://www.toptechwriter.us
Award-winning technical writing and illustration services.

> Hi folks,
> I've got to develop a project plan for a number of deliverables. One of
> these tasks is the "implementation of troubleshooting guides" and their
> subsequent maintenance.
>
> I don't want to use a layman's approach to breaking down the work to be
> done. Is there a generic set of actions I could capture within my plan to
> reflect the 'technical writing' work needed to develop these guides?
>
> Thanks
> ~OS~

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com