RE: Corporate World vs. Small Company: Considerations?

Subject: RE: Corporate World vs. Small Company: Considerations?
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:07:51 -0400

Brian said...

> I suppose this just goes to show that, while
> generalizations are useful generally, they are not
> useful when applied to individual situations or
> people. :-)
>
> All the best,
> Brian

I think if there's anything that is universally consistent in the
feedback we've all offered Amy is that in exploring the two options
before her she should very carefully consider _all_ the aspects of the
two possibilities. For her the small company may be the perfect "next
step" in her career, depending on the environment and opportunity she
has where she currently works.

I was just a little concerned that the feedback she was getting was all
a bit too "black and white" (big = bad, small = good) and I wanted to
make sure she didn't get the idea that a smaller company always
necessarily means a better working environment. But since none of us are
in her shoes with her exact choice we can only offer our own experience
and personal history, and wish her the best of luck in the choice!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com