RE: Font Size(s)

Subject: RE: Font Size(s)
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:39:14 +0200

Bruce Byfield:

> But, as long as you are going into more detail, I'd add the
> width of an em space (the space taken by a lower case "m") as
> an important indicator of legibility, too.

Actually, the em space is the width of the upper case "M", not the lower
case "m". Or rather "theoretically is the width of the upper case 'M'",
since nowadays the Unicode em space (U+2003 = 2048 machine units) is not
necessarily exact the width of an uppercase "M".

Having a background as a typographer & typesetter I suffer from an minor
industrial injury to correct such things... :)

Best regards,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager

www.flirthermography.com