ADMIN Re: The goals of Richard Stallman and the "free software" movement: stupid and evil (was Re: Spinoff: Using Linux for work?)

Subject: ADMIN Re: The goals of Richard Stallman and the "free software" movement: stupid and evil (was Re: Spinoff: Using Linux for work?)
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:49:01 -0500

This is no longer related to technical communication.

Originally, I let the thread go on because I believed even though it
was straying somewhat off topic, it would be interesting and valuable
to many list members. However, this has gone too far.

Bring it on back, folks, before I start taking names.

Lisa B.

On 9/16/05, Richard G. Combs <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com> wrote:

> Bruce Byfield wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:39 -0400, Brian Gordon wrote:
> >
> > > Just because
> > > something is a need does not oblige others to provide
> > > it. (Not restricting access is the same as giving it
> > > away.)
> >
> > No, but it's generally considered higher ethical behavior to share and
> > to assist others than to horde it for yourself.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com