Re: Spinoff: Using Linux for work? was RE: Why Tech-Writers Should Know About Open Source Technologies

Subject: Re: Spinoff: Using Linux for work? was RE: Why Tech-Writers Should Know About Open Source Technologies
From: Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:13:09 +0200

On Thursday 15 September 2005 20:56, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:
> Just that so far, I haven't seen it done.

Then you are better off with non-free software for the time being. Free and
Open Source Software is not for everyone. However, as FOSS matures you will
find that the balance will arrive. Considering the pace at which FOSS matures
that may very soon.

At some point I stopped and asked myself, "Knowing what I do. How will the
future of software look?"

A short part of my history was already dominated by FOSS, my present is
definitely so. For me, I think the future will look very open source and I
think a greater and greater number of people on this list will go the same
way.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author