Re: FW RE: change in payroll status

Subject: Re: FW RE: change in payroll status
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:40:25 -0600

On Tuesday, September 13, 2005, Anonymous Poster wrote:

> I forgot to mention that no overtime has been allowed
> in recent history, and it's not expected to be
> allowed anytime soon. Whatever we get done in 40 is
> what we get done.
>
> Personally, I don't mind the change. I just wondered
> if I was being naive and not seeing something that I
> should really be aware of.

One downside you may see is that you will not get any type of pay
increase for a while.

Typically, salaried employees are paid more than an hourly
employees for commensurate work and value to the company. The
reasoning is that the salaried employee is expected to put in more
hours when the job calls for it; therefore, s/he gets higher
compensation in anticipation of these additional hours.

An employer, especially a new employer, may use this as
justification to not give you a salary increase in the future (or you
even see a *decrease* in salary).

Dana W.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com