Re: Seeking: Online help index usage information

Subject: Re: Seeking: Online help index usage information
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:27:31 -0500

Tanya,

A better source for information would be Index-L:

"Index-L

Index-L is a mailing list intended to promote good indexing practice.
The group provides a forum for aspiring and professional indexers to
share information and ideas relating to the
intellectual, philosophical, and technical aspects of index
preparation. Topics for discussion can include various types of index
structures such as indexes for books, periodicals, online text,
databases, or hypermedia. Participants include but are not limited to
the following groups: members of the American Society of Indexers
(ASI); librarians and library school faculty and students; information
access professionals; hypertext and database developers; and authors
indexing their own works.

For the most part, Index-L is not moderated. Occasionally the list
owner will stop banter that is totally inappropriate.

To join, send the following message to lyris -at- listserv -dot- unc -dot- edu

Subscribe INDEX-L

After you join, additional information will be sent to you by email.
The list FAQs are available at
http://www.indexpup.com/index-list/faq.html Read them!

INDEX-L is owned by Ilana Kingsley. The list is stored on the servers
at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill."

On 8/29/05, Tanya-Marise De Sousa <tdesous -at- ca -dot- ibm -dot- com> wrote:

> I'm working on a "How to Index" training module and I need supporting
> statistics or usage data to substantiate why an index, especially one is
> that is well written, is important.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com